Snack like a weightlifter! Do you add protein to your snacks? Bodybuilders and weightlifters make sure they get enough protein to help them build muscle and aid in recovery after workouts. But protein can help even non-powerlifters stay satisfied longer after having a snack.
Protein also gives your health a boost by:
* Building and repairing tissues
* Forming enzymes and hormones
* Helping build antibodies to fight infections
So add protein to your snacks!
High-protein picks include:
* Almonds or walnuts
* A hardboiled egg
* A scoop of low-fat cottage cheese
* A tablespoon of peanut butter
* Edamame (soy beans—look for them in the freezer section of the grocery store)
* Smoked salmon